Welcome to quick safety tips from Frontline!
There are many approaches to commercial food safety, so it can be hard to figure out what to focus on.
The World Health Organization has broken successful food safety into 5 main components. Let’s take a look.
1. The first food safety rule is “keep clean.” This means keeping your hands, food prep surfaces, and tools clean at all times.
2. Rule number two is to always “separate raw and cooked food products.” A simple way to follow this rule is to have different storage containers for food that needs to be separated.
3. The third food safety rule is to “cook food thoroughly,” ensuring that you eliminate all bacteria and foodborne illnesses.
4. Rule number four is to “keep food at safe temperatures,” by ensuring they stay out of the temperature danger zone, which is between 40 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Fifth and final food safety rule is to “use safe water and raw materials” to ensure that you don’t contaminate food during the preparation process.
If you follow these rules, you can prevent the spread of foodborne illnesses and the impact they have on your businesses in the long run.
See what Frontline can do for your company.
Learn how you can track, manage, and automate everything from regulatory compliance audits to safety inspections with Frontline’s EHS solutions.