Management of Change (MOC)
Frontline Data Solutions' Management of Change or Change Management is a web-based collaboration and workflow software designed to manage changes systematically in process chemicals, technology, equipment, facilities, or procedures. The software significantly reduces the administrative overhead of assigning, tracking, reporting and following-up on approvals, tasks, checklists, action items and training required to implement changes in regulated and non-regulated processes in an enterprise environment.
Management of Change (MOC) Process Workflow
- Progression through stages such as Pre-approval, New, Collaboration, Approval, Implementation, Startup and Complete (Close-out).
- Ability to create customized forms and checklists that aid completion of MOC tasks, such as hazard review, risk evaluation, Pre-Startup Safety Review (PSSR), document updates and training. Such forms and checklists can trigger automatic action items that are tracked along with the MOC.
- Pre-approvals and approvals are conducted online by one or more people or roles, in any order desired.
- Approvers can approve, disapprove or place hold on any change request, with a convenient method to store, retrieve, edit and re-workflow any disapproved request.
- Seamless notification and MOC sign-offs by people affected by the change.
- Create workflow templates that have collaborators, approvers, implementation tasks, implementers and checklists pre-populated for different categories of changes. Such pre-defined templates speed up the MOC creation process, and maintain workflow consistency.
- Allow frontline workers (operators and technicians) to conveniently submit and track MOC requests.
- Attach affected drawings, documents (procedures) and equipment data to MOCs.
- Link equipment tag numbers to MOCs to maintain lifetime change history for any piece of equipment.
- Automatic and on-demand email notifications designed to enforce MOC progression through workflow stages, action item completions and notification sign-offs. Special email notification configurations allow managing temporary and emergency changes.
- Manage temporary changes via mandatory expiration dates, notifications of expiring changes and resumption of normal operation, or approved extension of temporary operation.
- Allow Managers to forward MOC review and approval tasks to their backups in their absences.
- Easily retrievable complete MOC data that includes all pre-approvers, collaborators, approvers and implementers comments, completed forms and checklists, attachments, action items, and notification sign-offs.
- Designed as an enterprise SaaS software, each location can individually create and configure MOC requests with enterprise-level functions, tracking, reporting and management capabilities.
The software complies with all aspects of the Management of Change section of the OSHA's Process Safety Management (PSM) regulations for highly hazardous chemicals (29 CFR 1910.119) and EPA's Risk Management Program (RMP) regulations (40 CFR Part 68). It is currently in use at a variety of large and small chemical, energy, oil and gas companies such as Occidental Petroleum, Total Petrochemicals, W. R. Grace, SI Group, CVR Energy, Dakota Gasification, Hess EG, Bostik Adhesives, Haverhill Chemicals, AOC Resins, MGP Ingredients, PMC Group, LINN Energy, Elementis Chromium, Calcasieu Refining, RockTenn, K2 Pure Solutions, Pryor Chemicals, Reichhold, Kaneka Americas, Americas Styrenics, Texas Molecular and Murphy Oil. Some operating locations track over a hundred MOC requests per month using this software.
Our Management of Change software is also being used successfully to manage capital projects workflow on offshore oil platforms, with workflow participants in geographically dispersed onshore and offshore teams.
Contact us if you would like to view a guided demo of the Management of Change software via an online meeting.