Action Tracking (ACT)
Action Tracking (ACT) is a powerful web-based Action Item Management and Tracking software that allows you to track events and action items throughout your department, site and enterprise.
You can design, workflow and track your own reusable online web-based event forms, such as
- Incidents and Accidents
- HSE, ISO and Quality audits
- Regulatory Compliance Inspections
- Non-Conformance and Corrective Action reports
- Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
- Safety and Employee suggestions
- Meeting minutes
You can import action items from 3rd party software into event forms. You can also assign and track recurring regulatory compliance tasks (action items). Such action items can be assigned on a recurring basis on designated dates, with target completion dates.
People assigned action items are notified by periodic e-mails. Links provided allow people to view event and action item details, recommended implementation steps, review prior progress, report new progress, submit documentary evidence via attachments, and complete action items. An action item can also be transferred to or verified by another individual.
Shown below is the Action Tracking process flowchart (workflow) as implemented in the software module.
Action Tracking (ACT) Process Workflow
- Ability to design custom reusable online web-based event forms containing form titles, field names, field/data types and formats, form layout, and action items.
- Some ACT customers have created complex event forms such as an OSHA Injury and Illness Report or a Risk Management Supplement containing over a hundred traceable fields and action items.
- Forms can contain mandatory fields, default values, default collaborators and approvers, default action items, and links to documents and equipment data.
- Place shortcuts to commonly used blank event forms such as Safety/Employee suggestions and Incident/Accident reports on employees' desktops for quick access and convenience in reporting.
- Route, track, store and run reports on completed event forms, individual fields, and action items.
- Any event form can be reviewed with other people using real-time, online collaboration for comments and suggestions for action items. This can be followed up with formal approval, prior to assignment of action items.
- Create categories such as Safety, Engineering, Quality, Environment, Industrial Hygiene, Audits, etc. to simplify management and tracking. Similarly, all open and completed Action items and event forms can be organized by departments to streamline management and accountability.
- Action items are assigned with due dates, and can be ordered in series and/or parallel.
- Ability to report intermediate progress on assigned action items and submit documentary evidence with notification to the people tracking the progress.
- Assign and manage recurring action items (tasks) such as weekly, monthly or annual inspections and audits automatically. Each recurring assignment and completion is documented.
- Configurable e-mail notifications and reminder frequencies for assigned action items.
- Optional supervisor or manager e-mail notifications for employees' or departments' overdue action items.
- Assign action items to a position or job title that is held by a group of people. Everyone in the group is notified and people can work jointly or individually on the assigned action items.
- Import action items from 3rd party action item generator software (such as PHA or HAZOP studies).
Our Action Tracking software is currently in use at a variety of large and small chemical, energy, oil and gas companies such as Occidental Petroleum, SI Group, PMC Group, CVR Energy, Ineos Phenol, Virent Energy, Bostik Adhesives, Haverhill Chemicals, Hess EG, Gulf Chemical, LINN Energy, RockTenn, AOC Resins, MGP Ingredients, SAIC Energy, Texas Molecular, Elementis Chromium and Calcasieu Refining.
Contact us if you would like to view a guided demo of the Action Tracking software via an online meeting.